Whoever has been on vacation in Odessa at least once was probably surprised by the variety of dishes from the Black Sea mussels. Of course, they are not as large as the ocean ones, but they are also very tasty and healthy.
Mussel dishes are rich in protein and rare amino acids, as well as substances that are popularly called aphrodisiacs.
To cook mussels in Odessa style, it is not necessary to visit the Pearl by the Sea, boiled and frozen mollusks are sold in our stores all year round. We hope you enjoy the recipe with which you will discover such wonderful seafood as mussels.
• 400 gr of boiled and frozen mussels;
• 2 onion heads;
• 2 small carrots;
• 0,5 stack. heavy cream;
• a mixture of ground allspice and black pepper;
• parsley and lemon.
1. Place the mussels in a bowl of water and defrost. Rinse thoroughly, then dip in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Do not salt the water during cooking; it is generally not recommended to salt the mussels during cooking, so that they do not lose their natural taste. Later, when serving, they are sprinkled with lemon juice, but not salted.
3. So, remove the cooked seafood with a slotted spoon into a plate. Chop the onions and carrots into thin strips and toss them into a frying pan with vegetable oil heated by that time, take a little - just a couple of spoons. Fry for 3 minutes and add mussels, followed by ground peppers.
4. Stir, cook for half a minute and add heavy cream. Cover the Odessa-style mussels with a lid and simmer in cream - over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the finished meal with lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Mussels in Odessa are delicious both hot and cold. Bon Appetit!